Online Reference Resources
- Monster.com – The company leverages advanced technology using intelligent digital, social and mobile solutions, including the flagship website Monster.com®, Monster’s innovative app, and a vast array of products and services.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – The Occupational Outlook Handbook is the government’s premier source of career guidance featuring hundreds of occupations
- ONet: Occupational Information Network – ONET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, developers, researchers, and more.
- USA Jobs – USAJOBS connects job seekers with federal employment opportunities across the United States and around the world. Federal agencies use USAJOBS to host job openings and match qualified applicants to those jobs. USAJOBS serves as the central place to find opportunities in hundreds of federal agencies and organizations.
- CareerOneStop – Learn about careers, find career information, and locate career resources and advice.
- Jobscan – Compares hard skills, soft skills, and industry buzzwords from the job listing to your resume. The software is an online keyword analysis tool that tells a job seeker how to optimize his or her resume for specific job postings. Jobscan is a tool that gives job seekers an instant analysis of how well their resume is tailored for a particular job and how it can be even better optimized for an Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Tutor.com – On-demand, online tutoring and career support for adults. Get assistance with academic and job search support with expert tutors. Improve your job search documents such as resume or cover letter with an outside review. Enhance your job specific skills like Math, Writing, Microsoft Office and more.
- Coursera -Build skills with courses, certificates, and degrees online from world-class universities and companies. Both free and fee based courses offered.
- LinkedIn Learning – Provides interactive lessons on using different software to build technology, creative, and business skills. Free with library card; login through your local library.