Westchester Library System is a sponsor of the annual Westchester County Senior Law Day, a program of the Westchester Public Private Partnership for Aging Services.
Senior Law Day is a full day event offering free legal and financial advice or families, seniors, and caregivers. Illustrative workshops at this event are listed below. Workshops for Spanish speakers are available.
Presentation materials, handouts, and speaker contact information is posted to a site hosted by Westchester Library System: seniorlawday.info.
Also posted is a calendar of upcoming events, as well as news and updates to topics of interests to seniors.
Here’s a sample of the types of workshops covered. To find out more – go to seniorlawday.info
- Should I use a Will or a Trust? Who’s afraid of Probate?
- Don’t Fear the Tax Man: Tax considerations for estate & elder law planning
- The 10 Greatest Gaffes in Estate Planning
- Navigating the Westchester Housing Maze: Affordable options for seniors and their families
- Getting it Straight: Medicare and the Affordable Care Act
- I Don’t Want to Talk About It: The most frequently overlooked aspects of estate planning
- Smart Seniors/Smart Investors: Don’t get scammed
- Preserving Your Assets: How do I pay for long-term care?