Freading eBook Collection
Freading is one of the Library’s eBook collections. eBooks are available in ePub and/or PDF format.
What Do I Need?
Loan Periods & Renewals
Each eBook has an initial loan period of 2 weeks.
You can extend the loan period by another 2 weeks by going back to the website and hitting the download button again. You will see that the token value on the book cover (for the renewal) is decreased from the initial loan’s token value. Some renewals are free.
While not a comprehensive listing, the following are compatible with the Freading eBook service:
- Windows or Mac computer/laptop
With transfer from computer/laptop:
- Barnes & Noble Nook devices
- Kobo eReader devices
- Sony eReader devices
With the download and use of an app:
- iPad and iPhone (free Freading app in the App Store)
- Kobo Vox (Freading app is in the GetJar app store)
- Kindle Fire only (see Freading website FAQs for set-up information)
- Most Android-based tablets and phones (free Freading app in the Play Store)
- Acer/Asus/Motorola/Samsung/Sony/Toshiba tablets